Thursday, July 10, 2008

The 1992 Dream Team

Oh man, this brings back some memories...



Michael Jordan, Larry Bird, and Magic Johnson on the same team is amazing enough. Throw in there guys like Barkley, Ewing, Robinson, Malone, etc, etc... and it's... well... a DREAM.

I was incredibly into basketball in the early 90s. I was a Bulls fan and a Michael Jordan fan, and at this point the Bulls were just coming off their second championship. I was so incredibly excited for the Olympic games that I couldn't hardly contain myself. McDonalds was giving away Dream Team basketball cards, plus I was collecting all of the other cards I could get my hands on as well.

1992 might have been the only year that I was glued to the television for the Summer Olympics. Basketball was 90% of the reason for that, but the excitement for the Barcelona games actually made me watch a lot of other events, too. Every Olympic year since then I've been determined to watch a lot of events, but I rarely do.

Can you believe that was 16 years ago?!?!?

I'll leave you with a little highlight video...